Saturday, November 4, 2023

Morocco - One Awesome Day in Casablanca

 I have heard that Casablanca isn't all that and I know I just finished a blog but my experience so far . . . well, I needed to say something and, of course, share some photos!  I arranged for a driver as I was arriving late and have heard about the touts at Casablanca airport and it was so nice to have someone there to meet me.  Yassine was great, spoke good English and we had a nice chat complete with him sharing a photo of his adorable son.  The hotels here have elevators!  That was not my experience in Portugal (my own fault) but boy, was it nice.  I'm due to meet the group I'll be spending the next 10 days with shortly so I'll share some photos of the Hassan II Mosque - one of the few mosques that is open to tourists and was built by King Hassan II to honor King Mohammed V.  It did not disappoint and the photos cannot capture the size and beauty of this place.  The first is from my room the night I arrived.  The rest are from my visit to the mosque.  I will try to refrain from blogging until the end my Morocco trip so enjoy.











I asked a guard to take my picture.  This was my favorite!

Shukran for looking.  (thank you).



1 comment:

  1. Yay for beautiful scenery and also yay for elevators. Love your pics and of course my fav is the one with you in it. Thanks nice guard man 😊

    ReplyDelete